Ingredients and Preparation
Whole milk 1 quart
Nonfat instant dry milk 1 cup
- Pour liquid milk into a deep bowl.
- Add dry milk and beat slowly with beater until dry milk is dissolved (usually less than five minutes).
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Tip: If it tastes too strong, start with ½ cup of dry milk powder and gradually work up to 1 cup.
Use fortified milk when making:
- Macaroni and cheese
- Puddings and custards
- Cream sauces for vegetables
- Mashed potatoes
- French toast or pancake batter