Medications in this family sharply decrease stomach acid production. They are widely used for the treatment of ulcers as well as for mild cases of esophageal reflux (heartburn).
Drugs that fall into this family include
- cimetidine (Tagamet, Tagamet HB)
- famotidine (Pepcid, Pepcid AC, Pepcid RPD)
- nizatidine (Axid, Axid AR)
- ranitidine hydrochloride (Zantac, Zantac EFFERdose, Zantac GELdose, Zantac 75)
- and others
2 12 12 12
The solution? If you regularly use H 2 blockers, take B 12 supplements. They can be absorbed easily because they are not attached to proteins.
- Reviewer: EBSCO CAM Review Board
- Review Date: 12/2015 -
- Update Date: 12/15/2015 -