West Florida Hospital offers a comprehensive oncology/hematology program that includes caring, compassionate physicians and nurses who are specially trained to care for patients with cancer and blood disorders.
Our Cancer Program’s high standards of care include:
- Sophisticated diagnostics to detect cancer faster and help make treatments more effective.
- Specially trained oncology nurses, many of whom are oncology certified registered nurses that specialize in chemotherapy administration, treatment of side effects, blood product infusions and pain management.
- Patient/family education.
- Emotional support for patients and their families.
- Active Cancer Committee that brings together the expertise and perspectives of physicians from a variety of specialties and disciplines.
- Innovative treatment for liver cancer
In addition, the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons recently recognized West Florida Hospital’s Cancer Program with a Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation. Only those facilities that have voluntarily committed to providing the highest level of quality cancer care and that undergo a rigorous review of their performance are awarded this designation.
- 2012 Annual Report (PDF - 2.28 MB)
- 2013 Annual Report (PDF - 1.09 MB)
For more information on our comprehensive cancer care services, call (850) 494-5404.
Our oncology patients have access to an experienced team of physicians, nurses, clinicians and rehabilitation specialists.
Find a Doctor
Lung Screening Tool
- Services A-Z
- All Private Rooms
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Care
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Care
- Family Birthplace
- Immediate Care
- Memory Disorders Clinic
- Primary Care
- Rehabilitation Institute
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Emergency Services
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services
- Childbirth Classes