Hotel Booking Tips
- Be specific. Don’t book a room just because it has been rated accessible. Identify your needs and ask detailed questions. Does it have grab bars, a roll in shower, etc.
- Ask about the distance in between wall if you travel with special equipment.
- Ask for the height of the sink and if cabinets are underneath.
- If you use a wheelchair, ask about the height of the closet, AC control panel, mini-bar, light switches and any other relevant items.
- It is preferable that you call directly the hotel to reserve the room so that you may ask specific questions.
- Ask if the grab bars are by the sink, toilet, tub and shower.
- If needed, ask if the mini bar can be used to store special medication.
- Many multi-story hotels put their “accessible” rooms on upper floors. ASK. Remember, in case of fire, the elevators don’t work.
- Make sure the bathroom door opens out.
For more information on West Florida Rehabilitation Institute, call (850) 494-6100 or (800) 342-1123.
8383 North Davis Highway
Pensacola, FL, 32514
Print & fill out the Outpatient information form before your appointment.
Click here for more information.
Meet Our Team
Dr. Verbois introduces the
- Services A-Z
- All Private Rooms
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Care
- Cardiac Care
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency Care
- Family Birthplace
- Immediate Care
- Memory Disorders Clinic
- Primary Care
- Rehabilitation Institute
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior Emergency Services
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Stroke Center
- Surgical Services