West Florida Hospital offers a comprehensive oncology/hematology program that includes caring, compassionate physicians and nurses who are specially trained to care for patients with cancer and blood disorders.
Our Cancer Program's high standards of care include:
- Sophisticated diagnostics to detect cancer faster and help make treatments more effective.
- Specially trained oncology nurses, many of whom are oncology certified registered nurses that specialize in chemotherapy administration, treatment of side effects, blood product infusions and pain management.
- Patient/family education.
- Emotional support for patients and their families.
- Active Cancer Committee that brings together the expertise and perspectives of physicians from a variety of specialties and disciplines.
- Innovative treatment for liver cancer
- 2012 Annual Report (PDF - 2.28 MB)
- 2013 Annual Report (PDF - 1.09 MB)