Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.5
Ingredients and Preparation
- Chop spinach; place in medium bowl and add the pimentos and thyme.
- In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat, sauté the scallions in olive oil until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach mixture and warm through. Return to the bowl, add mozzarella, and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and water.
- Place the frying pan over medium-high heat and let stand for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon margarine and swirl the pan to distribute it. Add half of the eggs (1 cup egg substitute).
- Lift and rotate the pan so that the eggs are evenly distributed.
- As the eggs set around the edges, lift them to allow uncooked portions to flow underneath.
- When the eggs are mostly set but not dry (in 2 to 3 minutes), spread half of the spinach mixture over the eggs.
- Use a spatula to fold the omelet in half. Cut in half and transfer to individual dishes. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon margarine, eggs, and spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle each serving with about 2 tablespoons of tomatoes.