Diagnosis of Panic Disorder
- Your medical history
- Symptoms you experience during an attack
- How long you have been having the attacks
- When the attacks started
- How often they occur
- When and where they tend to occur
- How long they last
- What effect they have on your ability to function
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Mitral valve prolapse
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Carcinoid syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease treated with levodopa
- Heart attack
- Pulmonary embolism
- Episodic hypoglycemia
- Herbs and supplements
Panic disorder. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: https://dynamed.ebscohost.com/about/about-us . Updated April 23, 2012. Accessed November 21, 2012.
Panic disorder. National Institute of Mental Health website. Available at: http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/panic-disorder/index.shtml . Updated November 19, 2012. Accessed November 21, 2012.
Moore DP, Jefferson JW. Handbook of Medical Psychiatry . 2nd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Mosby; 2004.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 12/2014 -
- Update Date: 12/20/2014 -