(Threatened Miscarriage; Threatened Pregnancy Loss)
|Fetus in First Trimester|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Implantation of the embryo
- Irritation (eg, after intercourse)
- Ectopic pregnancy (the baby develops outside of the uterus)
- Molar pregnancy (rare growth inside the uterus)
- Certain medicines
- Advanced maternal age
- Fetal heart monitoring
- Blood tests
- Get regular prenatal care.
- Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs.
- Limit caffeine intake.
- Control any long-term conditions that you may have (eg, diabetes, thyroid disorder).
- Talk to your doctor before taking any medicine. Some medicines can be harmful to your baby.
- Avoid contact with toxins.
American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists http://www.acog.org/
American Pregnancy Association http://www.americanpregnancy.org/
Canadian Association of Pregnancy Support Services http://www.capss.com/
Health Canada http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/index%5Fe.html/
Bleeding during pregnancy. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists website. Available at: http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq038.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20120814T1300076311 . Accessed August 14, 2012.
Bleeding during pregnancy. American Pregnancy Association website. Available at: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/bleedingduringpreg.html . Updated October 2008. Accessed August 14, 2012.
- Reviewer: Andrea Chisholm
- Review Date: 09/2012 -
- Update Date: 00/91/2012 -