Quality Care is Important to Every Patient.
But how can you really know the care you’re receiving is the best? The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, the lead federal agency tasked with improving healthcare nationwide, defines quality health care as doing the right thing at the right time in the right way to achieve the best possible results. At West Florida Healthcare, our team of experts lives by this definition every day at all of our facilities – West Florida Hospital, the West Florida Rehabilitation Institute, The Pavilion and the West Florida Medical Group. In fact, we’ve been recognized for our commitment to quality care by the most respected organizations in healthcare.
What Are Others Saying About Us? Take a Look.
- West Florida Healthcare is exceeding the benchmarks set by Department of Health and Human Services’ Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services for the treatment of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. You can view our results at www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov.
- West Florida Healthcare has demonstrated excellence through achieving accreditation by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer, the Society of Chest Pain Centers and the Joint Commission, as well as the Joint Commission’s designation as a Primary Stroke Center.
- West Florida Healthcare is recognized by the AmericanStroke Association’s Get with the Guidelines quality improvement program for consistently adhering to strict procedures for the treatment of stroke. West Florida Healthcare has also been awarded Silver Plus Level recognition for its stroke program
What’s In It for You?
Our commitment to quality care is displayed through our advanced technology and every patient interaction with our highly skilled, caring team. Here are just a few ways we deliver quality care to you:
- New operating room tracking screens at West Florida Hospital allow family and friends in the surgical waiting rooms to receive up-to-the-minute status updates on their loved ones.
- Access to 9-1-1, immediate medical treatment, physician locator, medical library and more are available through an iTriage app for iPhone and Android users, bringing highly relevant information to patients when they need it.
- Our system became the first in Escambia County to post emergency room wait times on billboards and online, providing patients with the most updated information to make an informed decision when minutes matter.
- With West Florida Healthcare’s Aim for Zero initiative,our team is committed to achieving among the lowest infection rates in the region.
- A partnership with regional Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and the utilization of the latest technology allow for pre-hospital identification of stroke and heart attack patients who are en route to West Florida Hospital. Emergency room physicians and staff are ready to treat the most critical of stroke and heart attack patients as soon as they arrive, saving precious minutes.
- An electronic medication administration barcode systemis in place to ensure that West Florida Hospital patients always receive the correct medication and dosage.
- West Florida Healthcare adheres to standards of practice outlined by the most well-respected healthcare quality agencies, including Joint Commission, Leapfrog and National Quality, ensuring the highest quality care for its patients and their families.
Patients may access the State of Florida’s Agency for Healthcare Administration website at this link for information about this facility: www.floridahealthfinder.gov