Visitors are welcome at West Florida Healthcare because we know that patents recover more quickly when they receive support and encouragement from family members and friends. Quiet time begins at 9:00pm, so please be respectful of our patients’ need for rest.
Critical Care Units
We offer open visiting for extended family and friends during the following times:
9:00am - 9:30am
1:00pm - 1:30pm
5:00pm - 5:30pm
8:00pm - 8:30pm
Critical Care Visitation Guidelines
- Two visitors may be asked to rotate in the patient room to allow for only two people to be at the bedside during open visiting hours for extended family and friends.
- One patient/family-appointed visitor may visit outside of open visiting times between the hours of 9:00am and 9:00pm.
- Visiting a critical care area can be scary and confusing for children. For patient and child safety, we recommend that children under 12 remain with an adult in the hospital lobby or cafeteria, located on the first floor.
- The doors to our critical care areas are locked to keep your loved one safe. For assistance, please press the intercom button located by the critical care unit doors.
- Visitation after 9:00pm will be based on patient safety and individual needs. Please ensure that your assigned safety pass is visible.
- We strongly encourage visitors to take this overnight opportunity to get rest or sleep. Being well-rested is important for your personal well-being while your loved one is in the hospital and when they are ready to go home.
For the safety of our patients and staff, our front doors are opened at 5:00am and secured at 9:00pm each day.
Food & Nutritional Services
Our hospital cafeteria is located on the first floor and keeps the following hours:
- Breakfast: 6:00 - 9:30 am
- Lunch: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Dinner: 4:00 - 7:00 pm
- Breakfast: 6:30 - 9:30 am
- Lunch: 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- No Dinner Service
The hours for Subway are as follows:
- Monday-Friday: 7:00 am - 8:30 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Sunday: 9:00 am - 9:30 pm
Vending machines are available 24/7 in the following locations: Main Lobby; Cafeteria (first floor, back hallway) and Surgical Waiting room (second floor, next to center elevator).
Dove Gift Shop
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Located in our main lobby on the first floor
- Offers a variety of gifts, toys, toiletries, and greeting cards for purchase.
Complimentary Wi-Fi access is available in the hospital.
Please turn cell phones on vibrate mode while in the hospital. To ensure a quiet and healing environment, we request that you take phone calls in private areas only. There are also courtesy phones available in the family waiting rooms.
Food and Drink
For your safety, food and beverages will only be allowed in our family waiting areas or in the cafeteria.
Health and Safety
We want our patients to have the healthiest, safest environment possible while in our care. To ensure that your loved one’s room stays free of germs and other immune system stressors, please do not bring fresh flowers or fruit/food baskets to the unit. Cards, posters, photos and balloons are good ways to cheer up your loved one.