West Florida Hospital is proud to offer a cancer program that includes caring, compassionate physicians, nurses and staff who are specially trained to care for patients with cancer and blood disorders.
Our Cancer Program's high standards of care:
- Sophisticated diagnostics to detect cancer faster and help make treatments more effective.
- Specially trained oncology nurses.
- Emotional support for patients and their families.
- Active Cancer Committee that brings together the expertise and perspectives of physicians from a variety of specialties and disciplines.
- Innovative treatment for liver cancer
The Commission on Cancer (CoC) Accreditation
West Florida Hospital is an American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer approved Community Hospital Cancer Program. The Commission on Cancer (CoC) Accreditation Program encourages hospitals, treatment centers, and other facilities to improve their quality of patient care through various cancer-related programs. These programs focus on prevention, early diagnosis, pretreatment evaluation, staging, optimal treatment, rehabilitation, surveillance for recurrent disease, support services, and end-of-life care.