For more information about Reflections and the Senior Behavioral Health Program, please call (850) 494-5070.
The Pavilion at West Florida Hospital is pleased to provide Reflections, the area’s only Inpatient Senior Behavioral Health Program. The program consists of 18 beds for adults 65 years and older, clinically appropriate for Geriatric Care. Our goal is to empower patients to manage their behavioral health issues and take control of their lives. We believe that behavioral health issues are treatable and patients are most successful with a team approach. Our treatment team includes Psychiatrist, Nurses, Therapists/Counselors, Case Managers, Expressive Therapists and Dieticians.
- Referral source calls intake department ((850) 494-5070)
- Intake staff will review case with Psychiatrist
- Psychiatrist makes decision to admit or to not admit
- Patient and/or referral source informed of Psychiatrist’s decision
- Admission is coordinated by Intake Staff
- Medical clearance may be necessary through Dedicated Geriatric Track in West Florida Hospital Emergency Room
Family may accompany patient if they desire and if not upsetting to patient.
- Clinically appropriate for placement on the Reflections Unit
- Behavioral health issue must be primary problem, not medical
- Unable to care for self
- Motivated for treatment and able to benefit from our services
Direct admission criteria
West Florida Hospital's Behavioral health Direct Admissions program makes it easy for providers to admit patients into one of our inpatient behavioral health units. A call to a member of our behavioral health assessment team will determine if your patient is appropriate for direct admission. We quickly begin the admission process and a stop in the emergency room may not be necessary.
- 18 Years and Up
- Primary Behavioral Health Diagnosis and meets criteria for inpatient psychiatric admission.
- MD, APRN or PA must have seen the patient within the last 72 hours and attest there is no acute medical issue.
- Clinical documentation of behaviors, which pose risk to self and/or others displayed within the last 24 to 48 hours.
A dedicated behavioral health program
Our 18-bed unit is located on its own discreet wing to assure privacy, confidentiality and comfort. We emphasize the importance of instilling hope and recognize the unique needs of mature adults and the issues that may be associated with aging. We are available 24 hours a day to assist with your behavioral health needs.
- Nursing Assessment
- History and Physical
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Psychosocial Evaluation
- Activities Assessment
- Neuropsychological Evaluation when ordered by Psychiatrist
- Medication Management
- Group Psychotherapy
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Educational Groups
- Pet Therapy
- Music, Dance, Reminiscence and Crafts
- Pastoral Services including Counseling
- Family Support/Education Group
The discharge process starts at admission and includes a thorough psychosocial assessment by the Licensed Therapist who leads the discharge process. Patients are commonly discharged back to where they originated, often from a nursing home or assisted living and at times their own home. Occasionally the Therapist will have to arrange placement in a more restrictive setting for safety reasons such as assisted living or nursing home. Patients and their families are involved in the discharge process as much as possible considering their mental illness and/or cognitive loss.