The Gulf Coast’s most comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital.
Founded in 1977, West Florida Hospital’s Rehabilitation Institute has served the community for over 40 years, assisting in the recovery and strengthening of persons with brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, orthopedic and debility conditions.
The region’s only comprehensive physical rehabilitation facility offers specialized inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. Our focus is getting you better faster and safely returning you to a life of maximum independence.
Our Recovery Team
While you are a patient at West Florida Rehabilitation Institute, you will have a Rehabilitation Team assigned to you, who will work together with you and your family to help you make the most of your abilities. The team will consist of the following professionals based on your needs:
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Patient Care Technicians
- Case Managers
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Clinical Rehab Psychologist
- Recreational Therapist
- Respiratory Therapists
- Registered Dieticians
Goals and Objectives
Treatment plans are individualized with your needs, goals, and preferences in mind. You will be attending a minimum of 3 hours of therapy at least 5 days/week. Our team strives to help you achieve the following:
- Regaining independence in functional activities, such as self-care and mobility
- Improving communication, problem solving, memory and social interaction
- Training in use of adaptive equipment to assist in becoming more functionally independent
- Learning about the impairment and adjusting to any activity limitations and participation restrictions
- Assisting with participation in leisure and recreational activities.
- Transitioning to home or another level of care
- Serving as a resource in the community for persons with physical rehabilitation needs and caregivers
- Returning to productive roles at home, workplace, school, and in the community
- Incorporating wellness and prevention in life choices
For more information, please call (850) 494-6100.