Emergency rooms in Pensacola, Florida
At West Florida Healthcare, we are committed to providing patients with easy access to emergency medical services in Greater Pensacola. We offer an emergency room (ER) at West Florida Hospital and a freestanding emergency clinic at Perdido Bay ER.
Our specially trained ER doctors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to serve your immediate health needs. We offer full-service emergency care to adults, children and seniors.
To learn more about our ER services, call Consult-A-Nurse® at (850) 494-3212
At West Florida Hospital, we realize that superheroes deserve super care, which is why we have opened an ER just for kids. Our full-service pediatric ER includes board-certified pediatricians, nurses and hospital staff that care for children in a comfortable, reassuring environment.
Our pediatric ER is separate from our main ER and is dedicated to treating the immediate needs of infants, children and adolescents.
Our Pensacola pediatric ER offers:
- Pediatric triage
- Pediatric-friendly rooms
- Pediatric-specific beds
- Specially trained emergency staff
Our senior emergency services provide a new standard of care for geriatric patients and their families.
Older adults are at greater risk for cognitive and functional decline due to a combination of vulnerability, frailty and acute illness. By addressing a patient's needs in the emergency room, we can dramatically improve the patient's transition back home or to another healthcare setting, minimize ER "bounce back" and better prepare caregivers for what is to come.
Senior emergency services
We are recognized as an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology for our exceptional outcomes in treating cardiac emergencies. As part of our senior emergency care services, we provide:
- Advanced cardiac monitoring
- Emergency admissions to our senior mental health program
- Coordination of care with nursing home medical directors, administrative directors and primary care physicians
- Optimized communication with nursing homes, assisted living facilities and patient families
- Real-time or follow-up consultation available with case management
Our goal is to meet the unique needs of each patient. This means addressing the crisis that prompted the ER visit and also evaluating the patient's overall health. This includes:
- Medication review for patients who have experienced a fall or an acute mental status change and patients taking medications that might put older adults at risk
- Further screening for geriatric syndromes, such as depression, dementia, delirium or functional decline
- Involvement of case management to assist in referrals to support services
- Collaboration with family/caregiver to ensure older adult care needs are met
- Telephone follow-up with patient and/or caregiver to ensure a safe transition back home or to another healthcare facility
Perdido Bay ER
West Florida Healthcare is proud to provide a freestanding ER on the west side of Escambia County near Perdido Bay. Perdido Bay ER opened in September 2018 and is located on the northwest corner of Highway 98 and Blue Angel Parkway.
Perdido Bay ER is a full-service, 24/7 ER that offers all the same specialties, including pediatric- and senior-friendly care, that the West Florida Hospital ER offers.
For more information about our Perdido Bay ER, please call (850) 457-2201.