Neurologists in Pensacola, Florida
West Florida Healthcare is the brain and spine care provider of choice in northwest Florida and south Alabama. Our comprehensive neurological treatments and rehab program are designed to help patients with a wide range of brain and spine injuries and conditions.
For more information about our neurology services, call Consult-A-Nurse® at (850) 494-3212.
Since the medical needs of patients with neurological conditions can vary greatly, we offer the full continuum of care at West Florida Hospital:
- The cornerstone of our neuroscience services is our staff of highly trained physicians, nurses, therapists and other professionals who are dedicated to the individual needs of our patients.
- Our hospital includes a 24-hour, fully staffed emergency room (ER), which offers a full complement of diagnostic technologies and specialized physicians.
- West Florida Hospital's full scope of inpatient acute care services is complete with all-private rooms.
- When needed, the specialized services of the West Florida Rehabilitation Institute offer individualized rehabilitation plans to help patients achieve their full potential through a wide range of programs. This includes speech/language pathology, a Wheelchair Seating Clinic, a driving program, and a host of specialized therapies, including physical, occupational, aquatic and recreational therapies.
Approximately every 40 seconds someone in the U.S. has a stroke. It is the leading cause of death in the country today.
West Florida Hospital is certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. Our stroke program provides nationally recognized care to patients who have experienced a stroke.
Brain injury rehabilitation
West Florida Rehabilitation Institute offers a comprehensive inpatient program for the treatment of adults who have experienced a brain injury. A brain injury can occur from a blow to the head, a fall, a tumor or a condition causing lack of oxygen to the brain, such as a stroke.
Our team provides a rehabilitation program that supports the unique needs and goals of each patient following their injury. Our program highlights include:
- 24/7 camera-monitored rooms for the safety of your loved ones
- Highly advanced equipment to help our patients improve their abilities and gain independence
- Inpatient and outpatient rehab care options
- Recognized by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) for our inpatient rehabilitation services and certified by The Joint Commission for our stroke rehabilitation services
- West Florida Rehabilitation Institute is licensed by the Florida Department of Health and Rehabilitation Services as the only Comprehensive Medical Rehabilitation Hospital in the Pensacola area
Brain injury rehabilitation is guided by expert neurologists, therapists and medical consultants who support patients in regaining strength and mobility. Using state-of-the-art equipment and a controlled stimulation treatment gym, our team guides patients in a variety of exercises:
- Brain injury support group
- Community reorientation therapy
- Community skills outings
- Dressing/feeding program
- Equipment recommendations
- Family training/education
- Home accessibility evaluation
- Intensive, one-on-one sessions provided by physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Outpatient driver evaluation/program
- Recreational therapy
For more information about our brain injury rehabilitation program, please call (850) 494-6100.