Pediatric care in Pensacola
West Florida Healthcare pediatricians collaborate with Nemours pediatric specialists to provide access to high-quality care for children and their families in northwest Florida. We work closely with families, primary physicians, researchers and other Nemours physicians to offer outpatient specialty care and surgical services.
For more information on our pediatric services, please call Consult-A-Nurse® at (850) 494-3212.
Comprehensive pediatric care
Over the past 20 years, Nemours has specialized in pediatrics for northwest Florida and south Alabama children. From infancy to 18 years old, they care for kids of all ages with common and complex conditions.
The Nemours collaboration with West Florida Hospital means that children and families in our region will have access to care that is delivered at the highest levels of quality and safety. Achieving excellence as a children's health system is a team effort and this partnership will ensure your child's care is among the safest and most compassionate in the region.
Pediatric services offered at West Florida Hospital in collaboration with Nemours include:
- Nemours physicians provide consultations for children and teens in the West Florida Hospital emergency room (ER).
- Nemours physicians and West Florida Hospital staff are experts in treating infants, children and adolescents, and they deliver specialty care in the hospital's pediatric unit.
- Board-certified pediatricians from Nemours provide newborn consultations in the hospital's newborn nursery.
Nemours care teams also offer outpatient specialty care and surgical services in:
- Pediatric audiology
- Pediatric cardiology
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Pediatric nephrology
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Pediatric otolaryngology
- Pediatric pulmonology
- Pediatric radiology (X-ray and ultrasound)
- Pediatric rheumatology
- Pediatric urology
Pediatric emergency care
Our full-service pediatric ER cares for infants, children and adolescents in a comfortable, reassuring environment. We provide pediatric triage, kid-friendly rooms, pediatric-specific beds and specially trained emergency staff in our separate pediatric ER.